Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Digital Broadcasting!

Streaming media is something I really try to avoid. It depends on having a reliable ISP (something I do not have), a better-than-decent download speed (something I only get occasionally), and probably the desire to do it - something I do not have because of these first two.

I've already spoken about my dislike of sites like YouTube. The only reason I don't like them is because they tell me how well my internet is working at a certain time. Sometimes videos download instantly, othertimes they just sit there, doing nothing. It's very frustrating.

Streaming audio is also something I really don't do, because I own most of the music I want to listen to - and because "buffering" is annoying to wait for.

I have yet to take advantage of corporate websites that host episodes of their shows for everyone to watch. This is probably because the shows that are available are shows I don't know about, or want to watch.

So, yep. In the words of a wise character, "...and that's all I have to say about that".

No comments: