Monday, October 22, 2007

E-Commerce

I remember the day I found out about eBay. Well, not the exact date and time, but you know. It was so small and easy to use and navigate. There were only real sellers and real buyers, and real junk. I like real junk.

Now it's full of companies and stores and crap that I don't want to look at. It's also hard to navigate (harder than it was, at least).

So, I haven't been a fan of the rise of E-Commerce. The only things I buy online are things that I can't get in stores, or are hard to come by - band merchandise, novelty shirts (I'm very particular about these), and music equipment.

I suppose it's good in some ways, but these are things I care not to think about. My initial opinion is that I don't like it. And I bet if I thought more thoroughly, I would still not like it!

On a related note, I did quite enjoy the picture on the Slate article about iTunes:




and since I spend probably at least an hour a day saving funny internet pictures, I feel I must share:




Not the best, but the first one I came across. See you tomorrow!

No comments: