I first encountered this project during a trip to Borders. I came across a book that looked like it was a parcel - an address, postage, and even the postal barcode. Interested, I opened it up, and began to read the secrets of strangers. I ended up reading the entire book that night, sitting in Borders. There is something fascinating about reading the secrets of others.
In short, I was the first person to arrive; I was there even before the production staff! After waiting for three hours, the presentation started. Frank was great. He was personable, witty, and sincere. During his talk, he showed some of the postcards he's received - the actual postcards, not just the ones in the slideshow. It was amazing to actually see a postcard that had been mailed to him, to see it in person instead of on the blog or in a video. He stayed well over an hour later to make sure everyone in line to get his autograph got what they wanted.
I got a picture with him, and he signed both of the books I bought (the 2nd and 3rd in the series). He was extraordinarily nice. Even though I went by myself, I had a great time. Took lots of pictures, too!
"Free your secrets and become who you are" - Stamped into my books by Frank
x-posted to Fitter, Happier, More Productive

1 comment:
that's funny! if i'm not pregnant than i am going to kill myself. hee hee. what's the website?
Post a Comment